Monday 19 May 2008

Bad Karma and the Crazy Indian.

For reasons unknown to me I have recently offended the person or thing that decides your Karma status.

I have seriously bad Karma.

This is a list of the things that have gone wrong under my ever so watchful eye and they all happen in the space of a few weeks


1 - All 4 showers in the Fish Hoek Volunteer house have broken
2 - 2 toasters have broken
3 - 1 toilet has broken
4 - 3 light switches have broken
5 - Got flu
6 - My only bank card with Money in got chowed by the ATM (on a Sunday)
7 - My Laptop battery dies halfway through writing this
8 A exceptionally large Spider falls from the ceiling in my bathroom into the nice bubble bath I was having, it gave me such a fright that I dropped my book which quickly sunk to the bottom 9 and then I slipped on the floor and fell flat on my arse.
9 - I nearly blow up my entire house with a dodgy plug adapter.
10 - I wake up 2 Mondays in a row to the sound of the garbage men driving past, and then quickly realising my bin is neatly tucked away in my garden.
11 - I try and wax my own eyebrows with the “mini” wax strips you get in the pharmacy, well let me tell you there is nothing “mini” about them, in the process of trying to remove my mono brow I nearly remove both eyebrows entirely and all of my eye lashes.
12 - I get my laundry done at a very nice laundrette, they found R100 in my jeans pocket which they ever so nicely kept for me, this is a good thing I hear you say, yes that was ever so nice but they also found my ipod which they kept!! (sorry Gary)
13 - I contract a very unhealthy addiction to McDonald’s chicken Nuggets!
14 -the same R100 that I get given by the not so nice laundrette ladies I put in my back pocket to buy myself a lovely dinner, in the distance from the laundrette to the Spar store I fail to realise that the very expensive fashionable jeans I am wearing have a very fashionable hole in the very same fashionable pocket that I have stored the R100 in so I get to the till with my pint of milk and sausages to pay and realise that the R100 is nowhere to be found so I have to sheepishly return my dinner to the shelves and walk out of the shop wondering what is edible in my fridge. (later to realise that there is nothing)


So there is my list of ever so irritating incidents, and I am sure you will all agree that I have really bad Karma, please someone tell me what I have to do to reverse this curse!!

O yea I am sure you are all wondering what a crazy Indian has to do with any of this well here the story begins

So on a surprisingly sunny Thursday afternoon, after my weekly session with my therapist (bad Karma can drive you to anything) I am sitting on the curb by my very dirty car enjoying a can of Soda, a small group of Indian men walk past me I take little notice until the oldest member stops dead in his tracks, the others don’t seem to notice and carry on walking. The one man who stopped swiftly turns around and starts staring at me, he is about 50m away from me but even across that distance I can feel his eyes burning into me, I start to feel exceptionally uncomfortable and have no idea where to look, so I kind of stare back with this rabbit in headlights fear in my eyes, he raises his finger in the air like someone who has just remembered something or has had a fantastic revelation, he then starts walking towards me, I nervously gulp and start to perspire (ladies don’t sweat) he walks straight up to me and stops, looking down at me he points to his forehead and then at mine, I don’t know what to say to him so I say hi with a very croaky nervous voice, he then starts reading my fortune, yea I know weird, he tells me that I have many hard decisions ahead of me and that this year has been very difficult so far, November I will get some good news, he does not know what news I will get but it will be very good and it will make everything seem worth while, he says I am an amazingly helpful and kind (Kerry stop laughing) person and all my life I have helped others but yet no one has really helped me! He pointed to my forehead again and said that he walked past me but felt a pulling towards me he then read my forehead and it looked very troubled, he told me to keep pursuing my dreams and never give up anything for others.

It was at this point that I expected him to give me a massive bill and ask me for all of my money, but no he turned and then walked off!! Leaving me in total shock. I start looking around to see if I had actually fallen and banged my head or just to see if anyone else had witnessed the incident but everyone was just walking by paying me not a slightest bit of attention. I then got in my car and had no idea what to do I couldn’t even find my keys I just sat there totally weirded out, I found my phone and phoned my friend Kerry I had to tell someone, all she could really say was “ I bet that freaked you out” cheers friend.

So for those of you in Fish Hoek watch out there is a crazy Indian man reading your foreheads,

I thought my forehead looked relatively trouble free..... Obviously not!

Much Love

The Roaming Kat with bad Karma and a troubled Forehead.

No comments: