Friday 5 September 2008

Temping is an Art

OK so i am getting into trouble for not blogging for a while and i am sure that you are all wondering where Ep 2 is of my camping travels, well you are going to have to wait a while for that i am afraid i am trying to build up a little bit of suspense so that when it does come you will be on the edge of your seat.

What i do want to talk about is my little 2 week temping job.

So i am working for this little company in Grove, my role is Admin support. now i am still yet to discover what i am supporting

THERE IS NO WORK FOR ME TO DO!!

on my first day i was given a list of things to do if i had time well within the first 3 days i completed the list.

I was told to bring in a book well i am now on my third book!! below is a list of things i have done to keep me entertained through out a normal day (in order of doing them as best i can).

  1. Check work email (nothing for me so i am basically just being nosey and reading unimportant stuff)
  2. Check Hotmail
  3. Check Face Book (even though i know there is nothing new as it would have told me on Hotmail)
  4. Check Kerry's Blog (nothing new there as always!!)
  5. Check my blog (see if there is any new comments)
  6. Read BBC news (makes me look intellectual)
  7. Change date on Calender
  8. Read Work emails (as above)
  9. reorganise desk
  10. smoke
  11. coffee machine
  12. drink as much water as i can so that i need to go to the loo more often
  13. toilet
  14. admire art on walls
  15. check to see if there is a dial tone on the phone
  16. check Hotmail
  17. check Facebook
  18. check Kerrys blog
  19. toilet
  20. check my blog (by this point my stat counter is going up so i look like i have more Friends than i do)
  21. Browse MSN for new interesting things
  22. reorganise pen pot into some for m of order be it alphabetical by colour (when repeating change order)
  23. check post box and pretend i know what i am doing with it.

complete then repeat through out the day!

Things i have learnt

  1. There are 58 blinds hanging in the windows
  2. There are 104 ceiling tiles
  3. 8 of which are lights
  4. There are 208 carpet tiles
  5. 4 of which have some unrecognisable stain on them (without sitting on the floor with my forensic case from CSI i don't think i can tell you more)
  6. i can make out 6 different shades of blue in the carpet
  7. The lady i am covering for keeps everything (i mean everything)
  8. it takes 3.5 seconds for the shredder to shred one piece of paper
  9. if you stare at a floor tile for long enough it starts to move
  10. there are 22 lines in a small note pad
  11. and 34 in a lg one
  12. it takes me 3 mins to walk round the whole building
  13. it is 72 steps to the toilet
  14. and 66 to the coffee machine
  15. if you read a book for 6 hrs straight your eyes go funny
  16. i can only drink 12 cups of fully loaded coffee before i start to shake
  17. if you drink 4 litres of water in a day you feel like a fish tank and need to toilet a lot
  18. if you shake the bottle of milk up for ten minutes then pore it into your coffee you get a latte (education compliments of Lyndsay my partner in crime)
  19. it is 75 days until Lynday goes to Egypt (woo hoo)
  20. There are to many kinds of Pink wigs in the world my highlight next week is to see the Pink wig Lyndsey ordered so i can point a laugh

I am sure there are more things but they were so fascinating i cant remember them

What else have i done,

well on Tuesday the phone rang i was so excited at the prospect of something to do, with my pen and notepad in hand i answer the phone with childish excitement, i listen intently take notes and hang up the phone, So i need to book flights and hotel accommodation for a very important man i am so excited until i realise that i have actually forgotten who the hell it was i was talking to!!

So with the help of my partner in crime we manage to deduce who it was and hopefully 1471 has not let us down and i book the requested info the the correct person.

i am sure we will find out when he get to the airport and there is either a flight for him or not.

well that is pretty much my entire week planned out for me i am sure that i will learn more interesting fact as the next week arrives and continues,

Much love

the admin support extraordinaire

Kat

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sh*t my friend, this is one of the funniest things I have ever read!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I am sending you a 'hotmail' so at least #2 on your list will be exciting..
Love you, miss you so much
me xxx

Anonymous said...

oi you, i have tried texting you and sent you a funny facebook private message thing. you need to update your blog too you know..

how many sleeps until im there? i cant wait to see you!!

love you my friend!
me xxx

Anonymous said...

hey you dont know me but i think this was pretty darn funny! :D